About > The Group

The Group

The 18th Purley Cub Pack started in 1937 with the Scout Group following on a year later. Since then the group has gone from strength to strength and nothing has been able to deter them. If there was nowhere to meet they found somewhere; someone's garden, a room in a house, the tea rooms in the village and even the British Rail waiting room at Selsdon Station! In 1962 they proposed to build their own headquarters which was finally finished and officially opened in 1973.

The group continues to grow and the census shows that the 18th Purley are one of the 5 biggest groups in Croydon; a District of over 40 groups.